Information Collected and Stored Automatically
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, SMFCU employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. Computer software programs are used to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas. No personal information, such as your name or address, is collected or used for this analysis. We collect no information which would identify you personally, unless you apply online using any of our SECURE online applications.
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our web site
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages you visit and the result of the request, such as an image or query
- Other status codes and values resulting from the Web server responding to the request received: HTTP status code, Windows NT code, number of bytes sent, number of bytes received, duration (in seconds) to fulfill the request, server port number addressed, and protocol version.
- SMFCU does not use “cookies.” (A “cookie” is a file placed on your hard drive by a Web site that allows it to monitor your visit, usually without your knowledge.) You can set your browser to warn you when placement of a cookie is requested and decide whether or not to accept it.
Information Collected from E-mails and Web Forms
When you send us personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment or by filling out a form that E-mails us this information, we use this information to fulfill or respond to your requests. We may store these requests to provide us with information for future improvements to our Web site. We may forward your E-mail to others, within our organization, who are better able to respond to your request. SMFCU may also use this information to help us do our work, which may include communicating promotions of products and services of SMFCU or providing official notifications as prescribed by governing laws and regulations. We do not create individual profiles with the information you provide. SMFCU does not give, sell or transfer personal information to third parties, unless required by law.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on this web site are strictly prohibited and are subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and Title 18 U.S.C. Sec. 1001 and 1030.